Skip to main content

Proof of citizenship

All incoming students are required to submit the following documentation in order to commence graduate studies at the university. An official email will be sent with the submission deadline. Documents are due approximately three weeks prior to the start of the program*.

Canadian citizens/permanent residents must submit a copy of one of the following:

  • Birth certificate from a Canadian province or territory
  • Certificate of Indian Status (paper or plastic card)
  • Registered Indian Record (certified)
  • Valid Canadian passport
  • Canadian Immigration Identification Card
  • Permanent Resident Card

International students must submit copies of all of the following**:

  • Valid study permit or study permit approval letter
  • Valid passport
  • Valid Canadian visa

All incoming students are required to submit proof of citizenship (including students who have completed undergraduate studies at the university).

*Deadline is subject to change.
**International students in online programs are exempt from submitting copies of study permits and Canadian visas. Only a copy of a passport or birth certificate is required.

Back to the checklist of required documents