Skip to main content
Ontario Tech acknowledges the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation.

We are thankful to be welcome on these lands in friendship. The lands we are situated on are covered by the Williams Treaties and are the traditional territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, including Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi. These lands remain home to many Indigenous nations and peoples.

We acknowledge this land out of respect for the Indigenous nations who have cared for Turtle Island, also called North America, from before the arrival of settler peoples until this day. Most importantly, we acknowledge that the history of these lands has been tainted by poor treatment and a lack of friendship with the First Nations who call them home.

This history is something we are all affected by because we are all treaty people in Canada. We all have a shared history to reflect on, and each of us is affected by this history in different ways. Our past defines our present, but if we move forward as friends and allies, then it does not have to define our future.

Learn more about Indigenous Education and Cultural Services

Grad Finance FAQs and Contacts


  • How will I know if I am going to receive funding?

    If you receive funding for your graduate studies, your funding package will be included in your offer of admission. This will include information such as the amount of funding you are being offered and the duration of these awards.

    For more information, visit our graduate funding page.

  • Where can I find information about scholarships?

    Review upcoming scholarships and tips for applying.

  • Where can I find information about bursaries or donor awards?
    There are a number of donor awards available to you. These awards are a valuable and lasting resource for many of our current students. Once you complete a General Bursary and Donor Award application, you'll be considered for funding. To apply, follow these steps:
    • Under Student Awards and Financial Aid, select apply for student aid/university works. 
    • Enter your network ID and password. 
    • Enter the applicable term and year, select continue.
    • Select the General Bursary application from the drop-down menu, select continue.
  • I want to change from full-time to part-time status, how will this affect my current funding?

    Continuation of all sources of funding from the university is dependent on maintaining good academic standing, high-quality research performance (where applicable) and availability of funds. If you withdraw, change to part-time status, change your program, change your research topic or supervisor, change your fee status or fail to complete a term, you may no longer be eligible for funding.

  • What are the minimum funding levels for research students?

    The university is committed to providing financial support to our graduate students in research-based master’s and doctoral programs. Each program has a minimum funding threshold for full-time students. These minimum levels may be met or exceeded in a given year and are typically offered for the standard length of the program. The minimum funding may be met through various sources of funding and these sources are normally outlined in the offer of funding at the time of admission.

    For more information, see minimum funding.